Alan List, M.D.
4,246 Total Employees (as of June 2012)
- Initial gross square feet of Moffitt Cancer Center in 1987 was 373,377. Now Moffitt devotes more than 2 million square feet to research and patient care. This figure includes the Cancer Center hospital, Moffitt Research Center, Vincent A. Stabile Research Building, Muriel Rothman Building (Clinic), South Expansion, M2Gen, Moffitt Cancer Center Screening and Prevention, Moffitt Business Center, Moffitt Foundation, Moffitt Cancer Center at International Plaza, Child Development Center, modulars, two garages and bridge.
- From 2010 to 2011, admissions increased from 8,616 to 8,921. Outpatient visits rose from 320,558 to 328,311.
- Critical to the success of cancer research is project funding, particularly in the form of grants. As of June 2011, grant funding at Moffitt reached nearly $82.8 million. The majority of the grant funding coming to the Cancer Center is from peer-reviewed funding sources, which means that Moffitt investigators competed against other world-class researchers for the grants that fund scientific research.
- Moffitt is licensed for 206 beds. Other clinical facilities include a 36-bed blood and marrow transplant unit; 14 operating rooms; a diagnostic radiology department with MRI, PET/CT, digital mammography and all other imaging capabilities; and a radiation therapy department with seven linear accelerators.
- Patient care at Moffitt Cancer Center is organized into programs that focus on specific types of cancer. Interdisciplinary patient care programs include:
- Blood & Marrow Transplantation
- Don & Erika Wallace Comprehensive Breast Program (part of The Center for Women's Oncology)
- Cutaneous Oncology
- Gastrointestinal Malignancies
- Genitourinary Oncology
- Gynecologic Oncology (part of The Center for Women's Oncology)
- Head & Neck Oncology
- Internal and Hospital Medicine
- Malignant Hematology
- Psychosocial & Palliative Care
- Radiation Oncology
- Senior Adult Oncology
- Thoracic Oncology