If you smoked, you might be at risk for lung cancer. Early detection can save your life.
Moffitt Cancer Center offers a comprehensive lung screening program which includes a thorough assessment of your lung CT Scan by a team of multi-specialty medical experts.
To schedule your lung screening appointment, call the patient appointment center at 813-745-3980 or 1-888-860-2778.
Why select Moffitt for your lung CT scan?
With Moffitt’s comprehensive lung screening program, you will receive:
- Abnormal screening scan reviewed at weekly multidisciplinary Tumor Board
- Prompt treatment discussion with Moffitt’s esteemed oncologists
- Smoking Cessation and Tobacco Treatment Programs
- Immediate access to Moffitt’s support services and resources
How do I know if I am eligible?
- You are between the ages of 55 and 74
- You are a current or former smoker with a 30 pack year smoking history. A 30 pack year smoking history is equivalent to:
- One pack per day for 30 years or,
- Two packs a day for 15 years or,
- Three packs a day for 10 years
- If you are a former smoker, you have quit within the last 15 years
|*If you do not meet the above criteria, you can still schedule a screening. Patients must provide a physician’s prescription or schedule a consultation with one of our Moffitt Pulmonologists to discuss their individual case. |
Where would I go for my screening?
Moffitt’s comprehensive lung screening program is available at two convenient locations
Moffitt Cancer Center Main Campus at USF
12902 Magnolia Drive
Monday – Saturday | 8 a.m.to 7 p.m
Moffitt Cancer Center at International Plaza
4101 Jim Walter Boulevard
Monday – Friday | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Moffitt has received distinction by the Lung Cancer Alliance as a Screening Center of Excellence. The Lung Cancer Alliance is a non-profit organization devoted to improving the lives of those diagnosed, the people who love them and those at risk. For those at risk, we know that screening saves lives.
*A CT lung cancer screening is not currently covered by insurance. An upfront fee of $150 will be due at time of service.